Saturday, September 21, 2013

7:37 PM
Cliches...


1. "Another satisfied customer?", from the TV series of the 70s, Fawlty Towers

Just twelve episodes, with a frosty welcome from the public in the early stages, turning to be BBC'S number one comedy-series of all times!

You can meet hilarious Basil Fawlty (John Cleese), in episode 9, "Waldorf salad".

To my eye, all above lead to a conclusion: To become a "classic", is actually an extremely difficult story, a fact that explains the rarity of such "cliches".

By the way, I personally carry the full series on all my travels, even the intercontinental ones.....

2. From the movie, "Planes, trains and automobiles"

Enjoy the poor John Candy (an important loss for the cinema,as he passed away very young), being attacked by the super aggressive Steve Martin, during their co-existence, and finally deciding to defend himself as follows: ....My friends love me, my customers love me, my wife loves me.. and you know why?

"Cause I'm the real thing, what you see is what you get..."


Hilarious and touching (At least for emotionals). A real cliche....